Dr. Sc. Riikka Kyrö, Senior Lecturer, Real Estate Science, Faculty of Engineering at Lund University
Dr. Sc. Saija Toivonen, Assistant Professor, Real Estate Economics, Aalto University
Dr. Sc. Vitalija Danivska, Lecturer, Workplace Experience, Breda University of Applied Sciences
Call for Papers – COVID-19 and Real Estate
This NJSR Special Series aims to explore the short-term and long-term implications of the global COVID-19 pandemic to the real estate sector.
We welcome practitioners and researchers in the real estate sector to present their research on the complex and wide-ranging relationship between various aspects of the pandemic, and the real estate sector in a broad sense. Practical cases studies, and statistical analysis of the implications are equally welcomed.
We provide a unique opportunity to present research in this topical field, while the pandemic is still ongoing. The following list of potential themes is indicative only:
- Implications to workplace management, including changes in space needs (e.g. portfolio management) and need for hybrid solutions (e.g. new technology)
- Experiences of Working From Home (WFH) and/or hybrid working during the pandemic, and going forward
- Implications to housing preferences and the housing market, including willingness to pay in larger cities, and regional moving patterns
- Implications to the real estate market, including the number of transactions and transaction volumes
- Adaptability and future-preparedness of the real estate sector before, during and post-pandemic
- Comparisons of different geographical areas in terms pandemic response, and associated implications relating to, e.g., the above themes
NJSR is an Open Access journal, free to both authors and readers. All submissions will go through a double-blind peer-review process. Accepted articles will be made available online as soon as accepted.
To view our author guidelines, please visit: http://www.njsr.fi/author-guidelines/
To submit your manuscript please visit: https://journal.fi/njs/submissions